Women cell of Anand College of Pharmacy celebrated International Women’s Day on 8th March, 2019 with great enthusiasm.
- The coordinator, Dr. Monika Singh welcomed the gathering and invited Dr. Kashmira J. Gohil, Dean, ACP to share her thoughts on International Women’s Day
- Dr. Kashmira J. Gohil, Dean, ACP addressed on International Women’s Day, the need for making the women’s physically, mentally socially spiritually strong right at the grass root level of healthy family by emphasizing on what today’s women have achieved. & how women are growing in every sector of Engineering, Education, Health, movies, media, Environment Protection etc. the sky is the limits for women nowadaysinspiring all students and staff .
- All the Faculties in teaching & non teaching staff shared their ideas and encouragedthe students towards the respect of women as per their key roles in society.
- Ms. Himanshi Joshi (sr. Executive HR, HCST) presented wonderful poetry on “Dupatta” elaborating the feelings of all women.
- Preeti Tiwari ( B.Pharm 2ndYear student ) expertly presented her carefully prepared slides to show that Women are worshiped as goddess in India but not given their actual rights/ true position. Maijor problems were gender discrimination, education and female infanticide. 90% females as compare to males suffer abuse. Only 37 % females are doing higher studies.We have to work more hard to improve women status in rural areas.
- Neha Singh (D.Pharm 2ndYear student) and Rajat Gupta (B.Pharm 1st Year student) presented a song titled “Satyamev Jayate –Rupaiya song”. which merited once more from the audience
- Muskan Gupta (B.Pharm 3rdYear student) presented a Poetry.
- AKTU Zonal fest winners for Skit (B.Pharm 2ndYear -1st Year students) and Group Dance (B.Pharm 2nd Year students) presented a Scintillating Dance on Women empowerment and female feticide respectively.
- Laxmikant (D.Pharm 1stYear student) played the melodious instrumental on flute.
- “AKTU Zonal Art and Cultural Fest winners” and ACP “Aarohan” Cricket winners were felicitated.
- The Vote of thanks was given by Dr. Pankaj Verma.
- The programme was compered by Ms. Preeti Tiwari (B.Pharm 2ndYear student).
- The Women cell and Cultural Coordinators Dr. Monika Singh, Dr. Pankaj Verma and Mrs. Preeti Solanki coordinated the programme.
Anand College of Pharmacy (SGI) observed “World Pharmacist Day” on 25th September, 2018 by all B. Pharm and D. Pharm students with Awareness rally, Powerpoint presentations, Debate competition, poster presentations, slogan writing competition and rangoli making competitions, in two days 24-25/09/18.
The program started with prayer and lamp lightning by Shri Pradeep Mahtha (E.V.P. – SGI), Dr. Rajeev Upadhyay(Director , HCST), Dr. Naveen Gupta (Director ,HIMCS), Dr. Mukul Singh (Dean, ACA), along with Dr. Kashmira J. Gohil (Dean, ACP) at 11:00 AM in B.Pharm Hall.
Dean, Anand College of Pharmacy Dr. Kashmira J. Gohil, addressed the all students as budding, upcomingpharmacist of college and delivered the Pharmacist day message conveying that the day is also officially mandated to be celebrated by Pharmacy council of India and that PCI & AICTE mails and wishes were received by SMS and on mail. Also that the Pharmacists need to utilize this noble opportunity to serve the community by using technological skill to their best of the abilities with right balance of kindness and compassion for self growth as well as others, as the science and technology alone, can not take away all the ills of mankind, was the gist of the message.
Shri P.Mahtha (EVP, SGI), Dr. Upadhyay (Director , HCST), Dr. Naveen Gupta (Director ,HIMCS), Dr. Mukul Singh (Dean, ACA) also addressed the audience to motivate them. The class toppers prize cheque distribution was done in the session.
In First early morning session, on the same day, Students expressed their creative ideas through posters, slogans and rangoli making.
The Winner students were honored by Trophy & certificate distributions by Dean, ACP and faculties. The First prize of the Debate presentation won by Dimple Parashar (B. Pharm 4th Year), second prize to Aman Porwal (B. Pharm 1st Year) and third prize to Kartik Singhal (B.Pharm 4th Year) and Brij Kishore (B.Pharm 2nd Year).
Slogan competition was won by Kunika Gupta (B. Pharm 3rd Year) who secured first, Arshad Khan (B. Pharm 3rdYear) secured second and Sona Thomas (B. Pharm 3rd Year) secured third place.
The first prize of the poster presentation won by Samiah (B. Pharm 4th Year), second prize to Umesh Kushwaha (D. Pharm 2nd Year) and third prize to Kartik Singhal and Sushma (B. Pharm 2nd Year).
In Rangoli Making completion Kartik Singhal and Ruksana Begum (B.Pharm 4th Year) stood first, Mohini Yadav and Kulsum Bano (B. Pharm 2nd Year) second and third by Raghvendra, Kuldeep and Sarita (D.Pharm 2nd Year).
In Powerpoint presentation competition Deepak Mittal (B. Pharm 3rd Year) stood first, Samiah Rehman (B. Pharm 4thYear) second and third by Gagandeep Kaur (B. Pharm 3rd Year).
On 24 Sept 2018, Awareness campaign and rally on Dengue, Chikungunia and Malaria were organized to create awareness for diseases in nearby rural areas like Lohakarera, Runakta. In this Awareness campaign, Faculty Coordinators Dr. Monika Singh, Ms. Preeti Solanki, Dr. Mukesh Kumawat and Dr. Deepali Pandey joined the students in this Awareness rally, which started from SUN LORDS PUBLIC School. Other schools covered are Samford (Jaupura, Agra), Shri R. S. Public School (Sikandra, Agra), Draupdi Higher Secondary School (Shastri Puram, Agra) In this campaign students give information about diseases, prevention and their treatment for dengue fever, Swine flu and others.
The coordinators of the event were faculties, Dr. Monika Singh, Dr. Mukesh Kumawat, Ms. Preeti Solanki and Dr. Deepali Pandey.
Mr. Gurvinder Pal Singh delivered a vote of thanks on the successful completion of the World Pharmacist Daycelebration and concluded the event.