Dr. Kashmira J. Gohil
is M. Pharm, Ph. D in Pharmaceutical Sciences with Specialization in Pharmacology from the prestigious Maharaja Sayajirao University (MSU), Baroda, Gujarat and Ph. D from one the reputed institutes of Pharmacy, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- More than 18 years of total working experience.
- Author of various peer-reviewed National and International journals & 02 books in Medical Pharmacology.
- Recipient of several Professionals awards & grants.
- Currently active in administration, teaching & research.
|Name of Respondent/ Ph. No/ Email
||Dr. Kashmira J. Gohil
||Anand College of Pharmacy
||M. Pharm, Ph. D
|Area of Interest
- Herbal drug interactions
- ADR & Pharmacovigilance
- Herbal drug evaluations
- Neurodegenerative diseases like Parkinsonism and depression
- Diabetic complications.
|Skill sets & Expertise
- Academic administration, teaching & Research.
- Skilled in assessment of behavioral models including antidepressant& anti-anxiety models: neurodegenerative disorders, diabetic complications, quantitative evaluation of neurotransmitters in brain homogenates, Assessment of herbal drug interaction pathways and Clinical case reports of herbal drug interactions.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis of drugs and herbal extracts in biological samples.
- Medical writing & editing.
- Conducting various conferences seminars, workshops and refresher courses in Pharmacy/Pharmacology as a convener and chief coordinator.
- Ability to manage a team well, adapt to any new research area of work and complete the projects and prepare reports, in time.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Conduct laboratory practical’s, group discussions and problem based learning (PBL) sessions among students.
- Preparing teaching materials aids and outlines for the course work.
- Prepare, administer and grade examinations in various universities across India.
- Conduct research in pharmacology aiming for national and international grants to support the Research.
- Prepare and edit manuscripts for research and review papers for publication in various peer-reviewed journals.
- Professionally trained in Indian classical based singing (with distinction) and trained voice-over artist (for online educational websites and CD based programs).
|Research and Publications (if any)
- 30 Research Papers in Peer-reviewed National and International journals.
- 02 books
- 30+ Presentation in national & international Conferences.
|Awards and Recognitions (if any)
- Research paper award: by an international journal, World Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical sciences awarded ‘the best article award’ for the research paper published in January, 2015 issue.
- DBT grant as "Anand College of Pharmacy, Agra of 50,000/- for organizing national Conference at Anand College of pharmacy, on 06-07/11/2015.
- Appreciation Award: Best performance in Research Project 2012-13. By SDPC, Kim, India.
- Research grant of Rs.4.2 lack by Gujarat Council on Science and Technology, department of Science and Technology, Govt. Of Gujarat (GUJCOST), India in the year 2012.
- Research and travel grant by National research Council of Canada (NRC) & IUPHAR in the year 2008.
- Interniche award, Leicester, UK; for recognition of work in ‘Alternative methods to animal experimentation, in the year 2005.
- Chief Editor and Editorial board member of many international and national peer-reviewed journals
|Memberships (if any)
- Indian Pharmacological Society (IPS).
- Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA).
- Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI).
- American College of Clinical Pharmacology (ACCP).
- American Society of Pharmacology and Experimental therapeutics (ASPET).
|Certifications (if any)
|Link to personal website/Blog
Book Cafe: I love books: A forum for discussion on books@tokjgohil